dimanche 12 octobre 2008

MONOCHROME MONDAY # 3


City birds.


From my balcony.




It's a distance shot. So, it appears a little blurry. Like the weather. Colors are real, grey as Paris sometimes.


If you want to watch more Monochrome pictures or participate , I meet you at Loose Ends

20 commentaires:

  1. very beautiful compositions

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. I love these and D'star will love the chimney pots. She used to collect picture of pots.
    These make excellent monos.

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. Love how the birds are atop odd shapes on rooflines! The shapes and birds look great in black and white! I must admit, I don't think of Paris as grey! So it's good to see a new side!

    RépondreSupprimer
  4. You know what blows my mind is that this shot isn't in B&W! It took me a moment to realize that, and I'd wondered if you'd spot colored it... then I saw where this is just how it looked in the real world.

    Finding monochrome in the world -- even in a full color shot... that's talent!

    RépondreSupprimer
  5. Thank-you for visiting me.
    Otherwise, because I'm not the worlds best visitor I might not have found your blog.

    You have a good eye.
    And, your location has hapyn memories for me.

    RépondreSupprimer
  6. Perfect subject and capture. Just visited here for the first time but have bookmarked so I'll definitely be back. I just adore Paris. Spent a week there in June of this year and it was just awesome.......

    RépondreSupprimer
  7. I hope those Parisian sky rats, er, pigeons dont poop on your parade ... great shots!

    RépondreSupprimer
  8. Vraiment monochromes Tes photos...
    Elles me font penser au fil "Les oiseaux" d'Hitchcock !

    Belles photos oui...

    RépondreSupprimer
  9. I love these shots. Birds are always so appealing to me on top of fixtures and buildings. You did a great job shooting these.

    RépondreSupprimer
  10. These are fun, and Aileni is right - I love those chimney pots!

    RépondreSupprimer
  11. You have captured a Gothic atmosphere that sends my imagination down many a tangled and dimly lit road! These are wonderful.

    RépondreSupprimer
  12. My monochrome was full colored, too. sometimes there are days like that.

    RépondreSupprimer
  13. Really wonderful compositions, Catherine.
    I like the silhouettes of the birds on the chimneypots.

    RépondreSupprimer
  14. lovely photographs of a seemingly dreary day!

    RépondreSupprimer
  15. Hi Catherine!
    Rod Brind'Amour was born in Ottawa Ontario, but left there at a very early age and moved to Campbell River, British Columbia. As far as I know, he doesn't even speak French. But there are many many French Canadian players in the NHL, and a growing number of Europeans as well.

    Thanks for stopping by!

    RépondreSupprimer
  16. Belles photos monochromes chère Catherine :-)

    Amitiés,

    p.s. “Becoming Me” est toujours un blog public mais j’y restreins l’acces pendant que je le mets à jour.

    RépondreSupprimer
  17. What lovely monos Catherine! Another beautiful and creative post! There is something waiting for you on my blog!!!

    RépondreSupprimer
  18. Cold and chilly...and so lovely too.

    RépondreSupprimer