samedi 21 juin 2008

HOLLAND vs RUSSIA - ITALIA DOMANI SERA

How it must be difficult to bear an Italian neighbor, these days! : ) I wonder how we could have been eaten in our Italian restaurant, last week-end!



Just for my two readers who are following our European Football Competition.

The Italo-American Rob who has very badly picked his side according to us, french I mean : ) , do I have to remind you that Italian beat us at the last World Cup in final!

and Mylhibug who has chosen to think in orange and support Holland! Let's see what will be the result this evening.

I would like to make you notice, Messieurs, that the Turkish team is amazing with a will of winning which is incredible. They're extraordinary!
I admit I would like Italy to win, because football is an Institution in their country (they have a nearly-exclusively-specialized-newspaper for "il calcio"), for my dear friend Roberta to avoid her family to weep, for Alexandra my daughter who has an Italian flag ready to flap and more than anything because la Squadra Azzura deserve it.


Let's forget the millions players are payed. Governments offer us "bread and games" "Panem et circensens"for us to distract our attention and to forget our poor life conditions.

2 commentaires:

  1. Netherlands to win. (again)

    I can watch it for only 10 minutes at a time. After that I just get too bored.

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. I was living in Spain for a month in 1994 during a big soccer (futbol) match and was amazed at how BIG it was. I wish futbol was as big here in the U.S. It's getting bigger, but still not like Europe. It's one of my favorite sports to play and watch.

    RépondreSupprimer